BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

tuesday's mostly unknown, but great faves

here's my mostly unknown, but good faves for the week


movie:


Strictly Ballroom


this movie came out in 1992- was directed and produced by Baz Luhrmann and is the 1st of 3 of the Red Curtain Trilogy(Romeo and Juliet and Moulin Rouge top it out ). It follows the story of Scott Hastings- an up and coming ballroom champion and his desire to dance- not so "strictly ballroom".


There are some great themes of old vs new (like wineskins from the Gospels!), returning to your first love, and "a life lived in fear is a life half lived." There are some beautiful city shots and the dancing is not so bad either! If you like movies with dry humor and deep meaning- you'll love this one!


music:


Burlap to Cashmere

these guys put out an album in the late 1990s- Is there Anybody out there?
it's one of my all time faves- smoking guitars, kicking percussion, amazing lyrics- their musical genre is similar to Rusted Root-
i saw them in concert and I don't think I've ever seen anyone's hands move so fast on the guitar or the drums- they were amazing.
I'm sad they're not around anymore.
Fave songs: Diggee Dime (about Heaven), Eileen's Song (great love song), Scenes (just a great song musically) and Mansions (about the Kingdom of God)

3 comments:

Jen said...

Jeff loved/loves Burlap to Cashmere! He was disappointed they only ever had one album.

You seem to have taken a liking to ballroom dancing, my friend. :-)

Amy said...

Well, I haven't watched to movie yet - still trying to talk Lance into watching it with me.

Amy said...

Oh, and I too love Burlap to Cashmere!