BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, March 15, 2008

one year ago...

i was nearing the end of my period of discernment about whether after 6 years of hard and faithful service,  GOD was releasing me from my position as campus staff at johns hopkins and to transition to partnering with josh at mcdaniel college.


i spent about an hour a day for 3 weeks journaling, praying, and discerning where GOD was leading me.  my supervisor gave me some insightful questions to work through. i treasured afternoon nap times to sit with jesus and hear from him.

as i prayed and listened- jesus brought these verses to mind from psalm 71:
"but as for me, I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteousness, 
of your salvation all day long-
though I know not its measure.
I will come and proclaim your mights acts, O Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteousness, yours alone.
Sine my youth, O God, you have taught me, 
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
Even when I am old and gray- do not forsake me, O God.
'TILL I DECLARE YOUR POWER TO THE NEXT GENERATION-
YOUR MIGHT TO ALL WHO ARE TO COME." psalm 71:14-18

at the time I read this- the words spurred me on to remember where my hope lies- in the Sovereign Lord.  the words spurred me on to remember the call i received 9 years prior to go and proclaim the love of jesus and the power of his kingdom to college students.  

even in the midst of a risky and scary discerning process- i wanted to continue to give praise to jesus more and more- to tell people about his righteousness and salvation.  

despite the events leading up to this process of discernment and regardless of the decision- my heart's desire was to continue to have hope in the true and living GOD and to proclaim that hope to the people HE put in my path.

as i marinated in the words and the truths that lay within them- i felt freedom to hear what jesus was calling me to- i felt a deep peace when i remembered the ways GOD had been there for and with me during prior times of transition- and that part of him being everlasting and unchanging meant that he would be there for me again on the next leg of my journey.

these words gave me the courage and strength to hear jesus say, "your time at hopkins is at an end.  well done- good and faithful servant.  i'm ready to reveal to you the next leg of your journey with me.  are you ready to receive it?"

i'll reveal that tomorrow!

0 comments: