BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

a 3 foot -700 dollar drop!

so- back at the end of january i bought a new mac powerbook pro! i was in dire need of a new laptop and after having a great december with my funding- i was given the green light to proceed with the purchase! i LOVE my new mac- it's totally dreamy.

21 days after pulling it out of the package, i was standing by my car talking to josh after a staff meeting and my backpack slipped out of my hand and fell MAYBE 3 feet to the street- the fall being cushioned by my foot.

now- i should add here- that i have a lap top back pack with a padded lap top holder. it's awesome- my computer doesn't move in it and has been great with my old lap top.

well- obviously that wasn't enough to protect my fragile new purchase.

when i got home and turned it on- the monitor went all tie-dye on me. we called apple and after being on the phone with tech support for an hour they didn't know what was wrong with it.

ross hooked it up to my old desk top monitor and i was back in business. at this point we knew it was probably something video related.

since this is spring break week- i felt i was able to potentially part with it for a few days- so ross finally took it into the apple store to have it assessed.

we were thinking it was probably a faulty wire or the video card needed replacing.

NOOOOOOO-HOOO-HOOOOO!

the "little 3 foot drop" ended up breaking my computer screen.

BREAKING IT!

the damage- $700!!!!

yes -you read that correctly.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

i'm buying a bullet proof steel lap top case for my not so dreamy new lap top.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

OH NO!

Wouldn't it have been better to just buy another one? How much are those things?!?!

Have a great weekend!!

Jen said...

ugh! I didn't know you were a MAC person. YEAH!!! We only have MACs at our house. The repair may be painful but it will be soooo worth it in the end.