BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, October 23, 2008

REFRESH 2008


So tomorrow-Sunday is REFRESH 2008- InterVarsity's Fall Conference for students in the Baltimore/Western Maryland area.

I'm super pumped about what God will do this weekend.

We have a RECORD 198 students attending! We are maxing out the camp! This is the largest turnout we've ever had- the highest attendance before this being 145.

Our speaker is Michael Koh- a pastor at a church in Pasadena, CA. He is an incredible speaker- he has such incredible spiritual insights and is so in-tune with the Holy Spirit. He spoke at our conference in 2005 and I have never seen so many students respond as powerfully as they did that weekend. Lots of students received prayer and major healing and several students made decisions to follow Jesus that weekend. Powerful stuff!

So- I'm expecting God to do great things this weekend. He is doing a mighty work in this generation of students in our area.

So- if you're the praying type- PLEASE PRAY for this weekend!

we have 47 McDaniel students attending (record number!) including several seekers!

also- please pray for me- I woke up yesterday with my 4th cold this fall (ugh!)! and I'm the MC this weekend (I know- shy little old me- what were they thinking?) and leading a seminar on "Power Packed Prayer- intercessory prayer for your campus".

I will pretty busy and wired all weekend and I need God to strengthen me- otherwise the gig is up with me!

Thanks Guys!
God is GOOD!!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hope you're feeling better today. I know this will be an amazing weekend for all involved.

Looking forward to seeing you and Xixi later. My girls are excited that she'll be here when they get home from school!

Love ya!

Chocolate, Vanilla and Caramel said...

Sounds like a great event! Please post and let us know how it went. Will definitely be praying for you!

Jen said...

Praying Julie--for your cold and the weekend. I know you'll do a great job and can't wait to hear about the amazing things God does!